Google
 

Friday, February 22, 2008

Lipstick Jungle (Pilot)

I know, it premiered a few weeks ago, but I've been caught up watching the last 3 seasons of Lost and have severely neglected everything else on TV.

So, the first 4:14 minutes of the show are cute, fun and informative... we learn all the girls names, their ranking on the '50 Most Powerful Women' list... and that the fashion world can be a cruel place... so far, I like it. Kind of like my guilty secret, this show reminds me of sitting in a dark kitchen at 2am scooping the cookie dough out of the ice cream.

I like the way this show is turning out- good story lines, pretty actresses- new faces for some of the guys (I hate when the same good looking hunks play the same guys on all the shows, we get it, they're hot, but they can't act, that's why they never get any better roles than that!) Anway, so far so good- I think it's funny that Victory's date has his assistant call her, sends a car to bring her to him, and then when he meets her he is on his phone so asks her to wait a minute... so typical.

While it obviously is a Sex and the City themed show, I feel like it is a little more mature and not just about who is sleeping with whom and what they wore before they got into bed! It is so cute that Victory paid for dinner with the millionaire- and the next day he sent her a note that said "If someone else pays my dinner the least I can do is leave a tip" and hundreds of bouquets of flowers get delivered into her house...

Also, the guy who played Terrence on Big Shots (he was killed) is Brooke Shields husband Shane on the show... wasn't I just saying I hate re-casting pretty faces? Oh well.

I'll watch the other two episodes at some point and write it all up.

No comments: