Google
 

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Bachelor (Finale)

This week's episode is the finale- and since it already aired, I have avoided reading about it so I can find out what the secret twist is for myself.

It's between Jenny and Deanna and I think he'll choose Deanna based on previous episodes...

Brad's family gets to meet the two girls, Deanna first- and it seemed to go well. She told his mom she wants at least three kids...
His family consists of his mom, twin brother Chad and brother Wes- no dad (and no explanation either).
Jenny's family conversation was a little more tense- his mom straight out asked if she had told Brad she loved him yet (she hadn't). Then his mom took Jenny aside and talked with her, and she again asked Jenny about being in love with Brad- it was tense but it went better after that.
Jenny also played football with all the brothers, and gushed to the camera that Womack sounded good as her last name- that leads me to believe that he will pick Deanna- I find that they like to edit these shows so the person who speaks the most, usually loses the hardest.

As usual, the bachelor gets no good useful advice from his family... they just agree that it will be a tough decision.

Brad gets a dinner date with Deanna, and they have great conversations about life and everything, with a little kissing too. She showed a bit of a bossy side, saying that she likes things her way...

Jenny's dinner date was more emotional, she cried and explained that she wants to say she loves him but is scared. They kiss too, but I felt like they got much closer on this date than Deanna's. Jenny tearfully proclaims, "I just need you to know that I would do whatever it takes to make this work, to make you happy" A little rehearsed sounding.... then she gives him a journal that she kept throughout the experience, and reads aloud from it. Then she says she loves him and tells him she wanted to say it the last time they were together but couldn't cuz she was too scared.

Hmmm. Based on the dinner dates, Jenny is winning. Good editing!

(I love how they keep asking people to nominate the next bachelor or bachelorette during the commercial breaks- it's just funny)

Decision Day!
Brad goes to Chopard on Rodeo Drive to choose an engagement ring. (He chooses a smallish roundish cut diamond with little diamonds on the platinum colored band)

Deanna looks a little Bree Hodge to me, and Jenny looks a little casual in a blue dress with matching earrings.
First up- Jenny.
Oh, bad dress- too short and strapless- not the usually formal gown we see at this part of the show- plus her hair is down loose... she looks pretty but like I said, a bit casual.
She's toast.
I knew it! He's telling her he likes her and she's wonderful but he wants something more.
Her eye makeup is pretty though.
No rose for her.
Bye Jenny.

Since I know there is a twist, I am waiting for it, no twists that I can tell yet.

Jenny gives herself a little "I am still a great person, someone is out there waiting for me" pep talk and cries her way off the show.
(Do I sound unsympathetic? She knew going in today there was a 50% chance it would happen!)

Deanna's turn.
A strapless short gold dress with loose hair too- but somehow more formal.
Oh they match-he's wearing a goldish tie!

What?
He told her he just said goodbye to jenny, that marriage is a one time thing- then he dropped her hands and told her to hold on real quick walked away and came back.
Now he's saying he can't look her in the eye and tell her he loves her- and won't make any promises he can't keep- and tells her goodbye!!!

Um.

So no one wins?

Oooh. She's mad. Pretty, polished Deanna is looking a little rumpled and ruffled. This is not 'the happy, one person gets to marry Brad' ending we all thought was coming- but I feel a bit ripped of right now.
She just asked him what happens when he regrets his decision!!!
And he walks her to the car and says goodbye.

So will the ring be available on Ebay? Or does Chopard want it back if he didn't use it?

Poor Brad. He is sitting on the dais where he just said goodbye to both women, looking at the ring and crying.

They figured out a way to stretch the season out even longer- they have a show called after the final ceremony! I apologize, I thought I was watching the final episode, but there is one more to go!

No comments: