Google
 

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Celebrity Apprentice -Episode 702

Ok, I am late in watching the show, but I saw the first episode and reiterate that Gene Simmons should win, according to me. Now, I have the next episode to watch, during which I will update this blog- so keep reading- here is episode 702 (week 2).

Slight recap- women lost the first task, and Tiffany Fallon (the Playboy playmate) was fired- and wrongly- I think Omarosa shoulda been canned.

I'd like to start with Piers Morgan. He has an English accent, I am unsure what he's been on before, except I think he was a judge for something like "How Badly Can You Sing on National TV" or something like that... he and Omarosa had a brawl (just with words though, hoped he would smack her, but he didn't) in the last board room, and now they are at it immediately when she walks back in. He's not wrong, she is a nobody and not a celebrity and obnoxious- but by saying it aloud, he is also being obnoxious....

On to Stephen Baldwin (who I ADORED in Bio Dome with Pauly Shore- ADORED!). He is doing this for the Carol Baldwin Cancer Research charity- in honor of his mom, Carol Baldwin, and although I don't think he'll win, I am glad to see him sober and on TV, he's just a sweetheart (so far anyway).

I am embarrassed to admit it, but although I can recognize a lot of the people on the show, I really have no idea who many of them are. Lennox Lewis- knew his name but not his face, I recognized Carol Alt (who looks great for her age, but I couldn't remember her name right away) Marilu Henner... and now the Project Manager for the women this week- Nely Galan- who??? It says under her name that she's a TV Executive, and I recognize her face, but have no idea from where. Of course, my favorite Gene Simmons is the PM for the men (naturally, I should have bet money that he would be the next PM- and probably the PM for most of the season unless he leaves or is a complete ass this episode).

So, I'm at the first commercial and kinda annoyed at my fave Gene... he was rude to Ivanka Trump and he's acting like a blowhard. I know that is his way, but still. Now, the men's team has made tactical errors by sending most of the team home with only Gene and Stephen making the commercial and asking everyone else to leave. (Tito Ortiz gets mad about that... naturally... saying "I run a multi million dollar company and I want to know that everything is ok"). The women are kind of petty and not so coordinated either, but I think the men are gonna win this one too- they once again used the 'celebrity' ticket while the women relied on making a 'good' product.

Gene quotes 'Sun Tzu' from 'The Art of War' and its a little bit hilarious actually. I am losing faith in my first pick here.

Oooh, Nadia (the gold medal winner I never heard of) says it right out loud to her teammates- if they lose, it's because they didn't put 6 celebs into a 30 second spot- and she is spot on!!! (FYI- I thought Tito Ortiz was Lennox Lewis, so the executive from Macy's was absolutely right about not everyone recognizing him). As i predicted- the men won- AGAIN.

Also, I hate the team names- 'Hydra' and 'Empresario' - blech.

Bull- all the women saying he should fire Nadia? She even called the whole lack of celebrity thing before they aired the ad- honestly, Nely should be out for sucking at producing a decent ad even if it is her specialty- ESPECIALLY because it's her specialty! However, since Nadia isn't sticking up for herself in the boardroom, I think she may be sunk... and she is fired. (I looked her up- she won all kinds of Olympic gold medals for gymnastics...)

Hmmm. This season is just not getting me excited- I keep waiting for it to start....

No comments: